Español | English | Italiano

Rufinus de Perosio

In original cards and copies hand-written very old in the Files of State of Torino in Italy can be read:

Chivasso 5 and 6 of january of 1320:

The general parliament, called for the marquis Teodoro (1291 - 1338) (son of the Byzantine emperor Andronico II Paleologo and of the empress Jolanda, daughter of Guillermo IX of Montferrato, that took the name of Irene), first refers to a letter of the pope Giovanni XXII, the full support to the work of the Marquis, later is remitted to the will of the Marquis for the distribution of the militia.

To the common one and to the men of "Lu "is imposed to put to disposition of the soldier to six armed men, each one with its assistant.

One of the popular assistants was “Rufinus de Perosio” from the city of Mombello ( * )...


Shield of the Marquisate of Monferrato, Paleologo family.

Montferrato Hills.

( * ) Country of the Montferrat Casalese situated to 273 meters of height on the level of the sea, in province of Alessandria, it is developed over a surface of 1990 hectares and has a population of about 1200 inhabitants .

The Montferrat is a zone of the Piedmont included between the hill of Turin and the river Po to North, and Ligurian Apennine to South, even if in certain periods of the story touched the Valley of Aosta and reached the sea.

This territory, done not quite delimit, has an approximate surface of 3500 square Kilometers and has almost inhabitants of million means.


Panoramic from Cerrina of Mombello.

In late 10th century. Montferrat was created a marquisate held by the Aleramo family, and its rulers played an important role in the Crusades.

In 1310 it passed to the Paleologo family.

With the extinction of the Paleologo line, Emperor Charles V gave (1536) Montferrat to the Gonzaga family of Mantua, despite the claims of the house of Savoy.

After Francesco Gonzaga's death in 1612, Savoy renewed its claims on Montferrat and invaded (1613) the region. Spain and France intervened.

The Treaty of Cherasco (1631) assigned parts of Montferrat to the house of Savoy, and the rest (including Casale) followed the fortunes of the duchy of Mantua and passed to the Nevers (French) branch of the Gonzaga family. All of Montferrat was recognized by the Peace of Viena (1708) as belonging to the house of Savoy.

Sources:

A: Original:  “Archivio di Stato di Torino”
B :Edition from A (or of a copy) in FILE SANGIORGIO, pp.  110-115.
C :Edition of B (with some amendments in BOZZOLA, pp.  14-21. 

Bibliography:

Bozzola, p. XXIV (text pertaining to the note 4), p. XXXI (text pertaining to the note 1), p. XXXIV (text pertaining to the note 9), p. XXXIX (text pertaining to the note 6).  .

Copyright © 2003-2017 . The access to the texts and images digitized al is offered only effect of its consultation with educational, recreational end or of investigation. It is not permitted its publication or reproduction by any physical or electronic middle without authorization on the part of .
Developed by Railef